Blue cheese dressing:
It is defined as a side sauce, dip, and salad dressing made up by combining mayonnaise, blue cheese, yogurt or sour cream, vinegar, garlic powder, buttermilk, onion powder, and milk. The best quality blue cheese dressing is thick and tangy. Salty, rich, and pungent blue cheese dressing is a meal changer. It turns normal food into delicious, presentable party food.
Different versions of blue cheese dressing:
- Trader Joe’s chunky blue cheese dressing & dip.
- Bob’s famous blue cheese dressing
- Cindy’s real blue cheese dressing
- OPA Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing by the lighthouse
- Bolthouse farms chunky blue cheese yogurt dressing
- Wish-bone chunky
- Lighthouse original
- Ken’s steak house chunky
- Tony baloney’s simply the best blue cheese dressing
- Kraft robust and creamy Roka blue cheese
- Sprouts organic
- Marie’s super blue cheese
- Safeway signature kitchens blue cheese dressing & dip
- Briannas home-style creamy blue cheese dressing
- Daiya dairy-free.
1/2 cup servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Carbohydrate
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Suggestions for how to use blue cheese dressing:
The good thing about this home-made blue cheese dressing recipe is that it can be stored in the fridge for about one week. It’s happy news because we always make some extra dressing; this will save our dressing from wastage. We can use this dressing with a variety of dishes. Here are a few suggestions regarding the use of blue cheese dressing.
- Avoid using store-bought salad dressing; use this dressing on your home-made salads. It goes best with cabbage, carrots, kale, sweet bell peppers, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, baby greens, and cauliflower, etc. It also works wonders with fruit salads containing grapes, apples or pears, etc.
- Say goodbye to the traditional old dressings. Add a new flavor to your favorite dishes by trying this delicious blue cheese dressing.
- Use this blue cheese dressing as a dipping sauce for roasted vegetables, for fresh vegetables. You can also enjoy chicken wings, baked buffalo cauliflower wings, buffalo chicken rice bowl, or anything buffalo flavored with this delicious cheese dressing.
- If you want to have the low calories dressing, then replace the mayonnaise with light mayo and the sour cream with plain yogurt.
Health benefits of blue cheese:
Blue cheese is white and gets this name based on the presence of the blue streaks on its surface as a result of the aging process. It is low calorie and therefore can be included in the diet plan. It has a lot of positive impacts on the health of the person, some of these health benefits are listed below.
Add blue cheese in your diet because it helps in lowering the risk of heart diseases. According to the research, those people who regularly consume blue cheese are less likely to have the risk of cardiovascular diseases as compared to those who do not consume it. Blue cheese plays role in lowering blood cholesterol levels, prevent blood clot formation in veins and arteries, and also prevents arterial inflammation.
As an anti-cellulite:
The human body tends to store fats in the form of cellulite for future use. But this can also lead to a very severe condition; that is OBESITY. Blue cheese behaves like an anti-cellulite and due to this property prevents cellulite deposition.
Bones and joints protection:
Anti-inflammatory properties of the blue cheese help in the reduction of joints inflammation. It also provides calcium that will make the bones strong and healthy and also reduces the chances of different diseases. Phosphorous is another element present in the blue cheese that is essential to maintain bone’s health and prevent diseases like rickets. It also prevents diseases like osteoporosis.
Clot formation in the vessels leads to strokes. Regular blue cheese intake reduces the risk of strokes because it is involved in dilating the blood vessels and prevents clot formation. It also controls the body’s cholesterol level and in this way protects the body against strokes.
Blue cheese improves muscle strength:
Milk protein present in the blue cheese enhances muscle strength and is also capable to build strong cells and organs. 1 oz. blue cheese contains about 6g protein as well as some amount of potassium that is involved in the process of muscle contraction.
Immune system booster:
Blue cheese is rich in several essential vitamins and minerals like sodium, vitamin A, potassium, vitamin D, zinc, etc. It is inferred from the number of studies that blue cheese can boost our immune system. Its regular consumption makes our immune system strong and as a result, protects us from several diseases.
Fights against arthritis:
With the increase of age, a person has to face many health issues, arthritis is one of these. Blue cheese has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce joint inflammation and also relieve joints pain. If we make blue cheese a regular part of our diet it will not only lowers the chances of arthritis but also develops the strength to combat this disease.
Blue cheese is helpful in weight loss:
Blue cheese because of its low calorie and low-fat content is used for weight management programs. Planned regular consumption of blue cheese keeps our body fit and strong and also helpful in losing extra fat.
Hormone level controller:
Calcium, a basic part of blue cheese has an important role in controlling hormone levels in the body. This cheese is considered best for those women suffering from hormonal imbalance.
Blue cheese helps to improve memory and recollection power by increasing cognitive functions. Growing age kids and even old people should be given blue cheese to resolve their problems like memory loss and degenerative brain diseases.
Improves dental health:
This moldy cheese improves dental health because it contains a high concentration of calcium and phosphorous. Almost 53 % of calcium is present in the blue cheese; this concentration is dental friendly and prevents tooth decay and cavity formation.
Boosts the efficacy of different types of vaccines:
An interesting fact about blue cheese is that it speeds up the efficiency of different vaccines like flue, cholera, and polio, etc by improving the immune system response against foreign antigens and also promote antibody protection.
Good for eyes health:
Vitamin A present in the blue cheese improves the health of the eye and also protect from the conditions such as night blindness, cataract, etc
Helpful in gaining weight:
For those people who want to gain weight, blue cheese is a good option. 1 ounce of blue cheese contains 100 calories, each serving consists of about 8.2g of fat.