Cottage cheese is a vital ingredient of many deserts. It makes food healthy and full of nutrition. pancakes with cottage cheese are light, fluffy, and highly pertinacious, low-calorie pancakes. The addition of cottage cheese in the batter of pancake enhances its flavor and gives a soft and smooth texture to pancakes. Pancakes with cottage cheese being low in fat can be dressed up with healthy and your favorite fruits, natural sweeteners (like honey, agave), and maple syrup, etc.
Cottage cheese is very soft, fresh, and un-ripened cheese. It is made up of curds of different sizes usually small, medium, or large. Cottage cheese is white and has a moist and semi-firm texture. It is slightly sour and consists of curds of different levels of pasteurized milk that include low fat, non-fat, or regular milk. Because of reduced fat content cottage cheese is considered as the best and popular low-fat food in case of diets. Cottage cheese can also be named “Dutch cheese”.
The crispness of edges, softness, and fluffiness of center, sweet and delicious taste make pancake choice of everyone, even those who do not like cottage cheese will start loving this easy and simple pancake recipe.
Reasons to love pancakes with cottage cheese:
- This recipe will soon become the popular breakfasts of mankind as it is very simple to make. Only three ingredients are included in its basic recipe that is cottage cheese, oats, eggs, and it takes just twelve minutes from start to end.
- Eggs are the main ingredient of this recipe. Eggs are rich in protein content, super nutritious, completely harmless, and do not have any negative impact on blood cholesterol levels and heart. That’s why pancake consumption will be very healthy for us.
- Another important feature is that the pancake can be made gluten-free (which is very good for those people who are following any diet plan) by using oats that are already labeled as gluten-free.
- It is 100% natural food and no processed food item is used in its recipe.
- The specialty of this delectable pancake is that it’s all the three basic ingredients are helpful in weight loss. It is considered the best for the breakfast even for the people on diet just because of its satiating effect,
- Its taste is too good and this is also a very nice way of making eggs a part of your meal.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A 750%
- Calcium 170%
- Iron 4.3%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
If you have made pancake batter in large quantity, no need to take tension because here you will get different solutions to store or utilize the leftover pancake batter.
One solution is that store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 5 days. But try your best to use this batter as early as possible.
Another interesting way to utilize leftover batter is to make muffins; pancake mixture can be used for making other sweets like cakes, doughy biscuits, puddings. If you feel that you have extra pancake batter you can also make a multilayered cake from these pancakes.
Tips for making pancakes with cottage cheese:
- If you want to make pancakes in the breakfast, there is an option to prepare the batter night before. But make sure to cover it fully and place it in the refrigerator.
- After preparing the batter if you left it for long then it will thicken down because the oaks can soak in the liquid. But you should not worry, add 1-2 teaspoons of milk and mix well; your problem will be solved.
- When you drop the batter on the pan and find it too thick, use the back of the spoon and spread the batter evenly.
- When you observe bubbles and dryness on the upper surface of the pancake and its bottom color changed to a golden brown, flip at that stage.
- Carefully check the eggs before using them. Raw eggs will ruin the whole recipe and may lead to food poisoning.
Variations in the recipe:
- Enjoy the extra delicious flavor of the recipe by adding ground cinnamon, a dash of vanilla, or grated lemon zest.
- If you want a less sweet taste, use plain cottage cheese for savory version along with chives, herbs or onions.
- Use bacon and maple syrup, or a fried egg to serve these savory pancakes.
Health benefits of pancakes with cottage cheese:
Cottage cheese pancakes rich in protein and micronutrients:
Cottage cheese is the healthiest cheese among the entire cheese group. Eggs, oats, cottage cheese the basic ingredients of the pancake are a dense source of protein. Cottage cheese is also rich in micronutrients like vitamin B12, calcium, vitamin B2, and many more. We know that protein is the basic requirement of the body and regulates body functions. Calcium in cottage cheese will prevent the risk of several diseases including cancer, such as prostate cancer.
Improves bones and teeth strength:
Cottage cheese and oats contain a high amount of calcium. An adequate amount of calcium in the body is necessary for healthy bones and teeth. It also develops strong heart muscles and regulates nerve functioning.
Maintenance of blood sugar level:
Cottage cheese can regulate sugar levels. Its magnesium and protein content not only slows down the release of sugar but also prevent abnormal increase and decrease of blood sugar level. People suffering from diabetes type 2 and are overweight, oat intake will help them in lowering their blood sugar level and also improve insulin sensitivity.
Regulate heart health:
Eggs raise the level of good cholesterol that is HDL (High-Density Lipoprotein) that reduces the chances of stroke, heart diseases, and other problems. Potassium in the cottage cheese maintains the fluid balance of the body.
Regulates the process of digestion:
The phosphorous in the cottage cheese improves digestion and helps in excretion.
Cottage cheese pancakes, good source of folate:
Folate is very essential for pregnant females. It is a vitamin B complex, assist in fetal growth in the womb. Folate also plays an important role in the production of red blood cells.
Weight loss booster:
Cottage cheese is a protein-dense cheese and a rich source of linoleic acid, this fatty acid promotes the body’s fat-burning process. Cottage cheese keeps you satiated for a longer time. Oatmeal is very filling will help you in losing weight.
Cottage cheese with pancakes high in antioxidants:
Oats are rich in antioxidants. The most prominent and beneficial group of oxidants termed as avenanthramides are present only in oats. It plays role in lowering blood pressure, and also possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-itching effects.
Cottage cheese pancakes lowers cholesterol level:
Oats are the basic constituent of pancake and it is also studied that glucan fiber in oats plays a vital role in reducing body cholesterol levels. It increases the production and release of cholesterol-rich bile that reduces the blood cholesterol levels
Elder people most often face constipation issues, along with irregular bowel movements. Different types of laxatives are considered good in relieving constipation. Many studies and researches have shown that oat bran is rich in fiber and helps to relieve constipation in older people. Magnesium present in the cottage also has a laxative effect.
Lactobacillus is a special type of a probiotic present in fermented cottage cheese. It has a lot of health benefits. The most prominent role of probiotics is the maintenance and the improvement of gut health.