What are philly cheese steak sliders?
Philly cheese steak sliders can be described as a specialized type of sandwich, filled with warm pieces of thinly sliced beefsteak and gooey provolone cheese. Most often onions, mushrooms, and peppers, or other sauteed veggies of a person’s choice are also added to the steak. This recipe is perfect to make for a fun party or a game-day.
Philly cheese steak sliders originated from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. You people are going to love this yummy recipe.
Meat & cheese selection for cheese steak sliders:
The most recommended beef cut for making Philly cheese steak sliders is ribeye or a top round. You can buy your desired beef cut from the nearby grocery store. But if you do not get the thinly sliced beef steaks, you can ask you butcher to make thin slices of steak for you. There is also another option for you, buy your much-preferred beef cut, take it to your home and freeze it for just 1 hour, then make thin slices of your choice.
You can use the following beef cuts for making Philly cheesesteak sliders.
This cut is cheaper and very tough. Top sirloin is taken from the loin and this thick cut is ideal for broiling, sautéing, pan-frying, and grilling, etc. Its flavor is too good.
It is a long and flat cut taken from either the diaphragm muscles or from the transversus abdominis. Skirt steak is usually preferred because of its tenderness. Its slices are easily made by using a sharp knife.
It’s a very delicious substitute. If you don’t want to go to the grocery store for buying steaks, you can also use saved ground beef from the freezer. Season the ground beef with spices and let it brown.
You can simply use your favorite cheese for making Philly cheesesteak sliders. It will also work wonders if you take a combination of cheeses. A few examples of cheeses good for these mini sandwiches are Swiss, sliced white American, provolone, or mozzarella.
12 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Carbohydrate
- Vitamin A 535%
- Vitamin C 10.9%
- Calcium 151%
- Iron 0.7%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Useful tips for making philly cheese steak sliders:
- You can cook peppers, onions, steaks a day before, and also store these ingredients in the refrigerator. But it is advised not to assemble and bake Philly cheese steak sliders ahead of time.
- To freeze Philly cheese steak sliders wrap them in a parchment paper or a foil and place them in the freezer. You can store these frozen cheese steak sliders for almost 2 months. When you are short of time, bake these frozen sandwiches in the oven for a quick dinner.
- If you find that the tops of the buns are getting brown very quickly, you should keep them covered with aluminum foil for the whole cook time. This step will prevent our bread from burning.
- Serve your delicious Philly cheese steak sliders with salad. You can choose any type of salad you love, for example, corn and red cabbage salad, purple cabbage salad, Olivier potato salad and many more.
As this Philly cheesesteak sliders are made up of meat and cheese along with other items. Both cheese and meat are a rich source of protein and micronutrients. Protein is our body’s basic requirement. Red meat is good for heart health. Consuming food that is high in proteins will help in lowering our blood pressure and also make our arteries and other body organs healthier than before. Red meat like beef is rich in iron that also helps us in covering up our blood deficiency. To make your Philly cheese steaks healthier use olive oil, gluten-free buns, and less amount of cheese.