This stovetop Mac and Cheese recipe is very simple, quick, and truly the BEST. It is very easy to cook; deliciously creamy and cheesy Mac & Cheese at home in just 20 minutes. Now it’s time to say “goodbye” to the boxed Mac and cheese. Once you taste this creamy version of the homemade real cheese, I am sure you will love to have it again and again!
Reasons to love stovetop mac and cheese:
- Its cheesy flavor and creamy texture will meet your cravings.
- You can also cook Stovetop Mac and Cheese without flour or butter, and I am sure that you will not miss either of them.
- If you skip the flour, you can enjoy the yummy sharp cheddar flavor.
- Use gluten-free pasta if you want to have a gluten-free mac and cheese.
Stovetop mac and cheese nutritional value:
4 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A 920%
- Vitamin C 0.2%
- Calcium 504%
- Iron 0.6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Stovetop macaroni and cheese best tips:
- Use the best quality cheese: Cheddar cheese adds flavor to our food. To add maximum cheddar flavor in your stovetop macaroni and cheese then it is recommended to choose the extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- Always Use freshly grated cheese: Mostly pre-shredded cheeses at the bakery or stores do not melt smoothly because they have a coating of starch or cellulose on them. So, it is preferred to use the Cheese block and shred it by hand just before using it.
- Measure all ingredients before assembling: If you make sure that all the ingredients of Mac and Cheese are ready and properly measured before you start cooking, then it will be very helpful for you and saves much time.
- Good quality pasta makes tasty stovetop macaroni and cheese: Taste of the stovetop mac and cheese depends upon the quality and type of the macaroni or pasta we use. So, choose the pasta that you like the most.
Things to remember:
The best way is that you should enjoy the mac and cheese when it is fresh. But there is an option of reheating either on the stove or in the microwave. Avoid overheating because it will lead to separation of all the ingredients and you will lose the creamy texture and stickiness of the cheese.
Do not overcook the cream:
Avoid boiling the cream for too long because it results in the gradual decrease in the moisture content and ultimately the cheese sauce gets stingy. When it starts boiling, cook it for one minute and you will get the perfect sauce.
If you want to store it then use an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. When you reheat it must add 1-2 tsp of milk to regain its creamy and cheesy consistency. Usually, it is not recommended to freeze and store stovetop Mac and cheese.
Extra ingredients that can be added to stovetop mac and cheese:
You can serve stovetop mac and cheese in a more presentable way by adding these substances. These vegetables, nuts, and chickens will make our stovetop mac and cheese highly nutritious and delicious.
Vegetables like peas, carrots, broccoli, etc will add more flavor and nutrition to your stovetop mac and cheese. Baby spinach or sun-dried tomatoes are also delicious.
Toasted almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, and chestnuts, etc
Bacon, shrimp, cooked chicken, etc
Taste varies from person to person. So, you can add different types of seasonings according to your taste. Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, etc
Ketchup, hot sauce or BBQ sauce
Garlic and onion:
If you want to add sliced onions or minced garlic then put 1 extra tablespoon of butter and before adding flour, cook the onion slices and garlic in it.
I will end the discussion by just saying that homemade stovetop mac and cheese instead of boxed or powdered mac and cheese is very beneficial from a health point of view. It contains a lot of vitamins, fats, carbohydrates, proteins that our body needs. But we also know that excess of everything is bad so, we should not make it a routine meal. Otherwise over consumption will lead to obesity and other problems.